Tripal is a collection of open-source freely available Drupal modules and is a member of the GMOD family of tools. Tripal serves as a web interface for the GMOD Chado database and is designed to allow anyone with genomic data to quickly create an online genomic database using community supported tools. Tripal is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2.
Sites currently using Tripal:
- Banana Genome Hub
- Cacao Genome Database
- Citrus Genome Database
- Cool Season Food Legume Genome Database
- Fagaceae Genomics Web
- Genome Database for Rosaceae
- Genome Database for Vaccinium
- Hardwood Genomics Project
- i5k Workspace@NAL
- KnowPulse: Pulse Crop Genomics & Breeding
- Legume Information System
Send an email to the Tripal mailing list if you would like your Tripal/Drupal/Chado site listed above!
Recent Outreach Activities
Below is a list of recent outreach activities, such as training or other presentations provided by Tripal developers and stake-holders.
- GMOD Online Summer School. May 19-23, 2014. Online via GoTo Meeting. Tripal training.
- GMOD Malaysia. Feb 26-28, 2014. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Tripal training.
- GMOD Annual Meeting. Jan 16-17, 2014. Tripal presentation.
- PAG XXII. Jan 10-15, 2014. Tripal Workshop
To Cite Tripal
Lacey-Anne Sanderson, Stephen P. Ficklin, Chun-Huai Cheng, Sook Jung, Frank A. Feltus, Kirstin E. Bett, and Dorrie Main. Tripal v1.1: a standards-based toolkit for construction of online genetic and genomic databases. Database, Sept 2013: bat075 doi:10.1093/database/bat075
Stephen P. Ficklin, Lacey-Anne Sanderson, Chun-Huai Cheng, Margaret Staton, Taein Lee, Il-Hyung Cho, Sook Jung, Kirstin E Bett, Dorrie Main. Tripal: a construction Toolkit for Online Genome Databases. Database, Sept 2011: bar044 doi:10.1093/database/bar044