Tripal is a suite of Drupal modules for construction of biological, research-oriented, scientific websites. In particular, it supports genomic, genetic and breeding data. Tripal is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2.
- Incorporates the GMOD Chado database schema which serves as the data warehouse.
- Provides data loaders for commonly used file formats.
- Provides customizable templates to allow maximum control for the way data is presented.
- Contains an extensive, documented API.
- Supports development of extension modules and sharing of customizations.
- Integrates with the Drupal Views project for creation of customized views of all Chado data.
- Provides a bulk loader designer for importing tab-delimited data files.
- Supports addition of customized tables and materialized views.
Recent Outreach Activities
Below is a list of recent outreach activities, such as training or other presentations provided by Tripal developers and stake-holders.
- GMOD Online Summer School. May 19-23, 2014. Online via GoTo Meeting. Tripal training.
- GMOD Malaysia. Feb 26-28, 2014. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Tripal training.
- GMOD Annual Meeting. Jan 16-17, 2014. Tripal presentation.
- PAG XXII. Jan 10-15, 2014. Tripal Workshop