Tripal is a suite of Drupal modules for construction of biological, research-oriented, scientific websites. In particular, it supports genomic, genetic and breeding data. Tripal is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2.
- Incorporates the GMOD Chado database schema which serves as the data warehouse.
- Integrates with Drupal for user management, and non-biological content.
- Data loaders for commonly used file formats (FASTA, GFF3, GAF, OBO, tab-delimited, etc.).
- Sites can be customized as desired.
- Site developers can create new extension modules to share with other Tripal sites.